Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki during a press briefing stated that the government has received information indicating that over 100 mercenaries from the Wagner Group have relocated towards the Suwałki Gap, considered a weak spot in NATO’s Eastern Flank defences. This undoubtedly signifies a step towards further hybrid attacks on Polish territory.
- More News from Poland on our Homepage.
- Sign up to our Newsletter to receive a weekly recap and stay informed about current events in Poland
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook.
During a press conference at the Bumar Łabędy Mechanical Works in Gliwice, the Prime Minister stated that Poland has been facing a continuous border attack for the past two years. He mentioned that this year alone, there have been 16,000 attempts made by immigrants to cross the border illegally, who are being encouraged by Vladimir Putin and Alexander Lukashenko who “want to push them into Poland.”
“Now the situation is becoming even more perilous. We have received information that over 100 Wagner Group mercenaries have moved towards the Suwałki Gap near Grodno, Belarus,” Morawiecki stated.
According to the head of the government, “This is definitely a step towards further hybrid attacks on Polish territory.” “They will probably disguise themselves as Belarusian border guards and assist illegal immigrants in crossing into Polish territory, destabilizing Poland. However, they will also likely attempt to infiltrate Poland by pretending to be illegal immigrants, which poses additional risks,” he remarked.
- Thank you for reading the article – we’re glad you are with us.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with News from Poland.
- For the most beautiful pictures of Poland – follow us on Instagram.