As reported by Warsaw police, a 22-year-old committed multiple thefts in Polish capital’s shopping malls. His methods were not typical. One day, he devised a plan to go unnoticed in the building after the stores had closed – he stepped into a store display with a handbag and froze for several minutes, pretending to be a mannequin.
- More News from Poland on our Homepage.
- Sign up to our Newsletter to receive a weekly recap and stay informed about current events in Poland
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook.
Once he realized that he was unseen, he entered the store and robbed the jewelry island. On another occasion, after the shopping center had closed, he went to one of the bars to grab a bite.
Next, he slipped under the steel curtain into a branded clothing store and “picked” his new clothes. On his way back, he visited the bar again and had another meal.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with News from Poland.
In the end, the 22-year-old was spotted by mall security.
After his capture, he was handed over to the police. It was found that the young man also had thefts and break-ins at another shopping center on his record. There, he too waited until the place was closed and took money from several cash boxes. Police published images of his “exploits”.
The thief also tried to steal other items. The prosecution has charged him with break-ins and thefts. The man faces up to 10 years of imprisonment.
- Thank you for reading the article – we’re glad you are with us.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with News from Poland.
- For the most beautiful pictures of Poland – follow us on Instagram.