During a press conference the Education Minister Przemysław Czarnek announced that the vaccination for teachers will begin on 8th of February.
“The procedure is extremely easy. Teachers don’t have to create any additional online profiles or go to any physical location” – says Czarnek.
Minister described it in a few simple steps:
- Teachers register their interest with a principal their school
- Principal sends details to a central vaccination planning hub
- Health and government authorities allocate the date
- Principal receives from government dates of jabs for their teachers
- Principal relay that information to the teachers
Przemysław Czarnek listed groups that will get vaccinated first which includes teachers of the early years (Year 1-3) and kindergartens as well as mental health assistants and other supportive roles. According to Czarnek – “these are all the groups that are currently in the schools and are not teaching online”
Journalists asked the Minister about jailators and lunch ladies and other professions involved in a school life of the community. “They will be vaccinated in due course, at the later stages” – replied Czarnek.
More to follow in the upcoming days.